Welcome to Independence Local Schools!
Independence Local Schools consists of a primary, middle, and high school and has dedicated and experienced faculty and support staff. With more than 1,100 enrolled students, it serves the approximately 6,800 residents of the Independence, a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio.
We have . . .
- Excellent Academic Ratings
- Consistent Excellent or Higher Rankings on Ohio Department of Education’s Report Card year after year, now in 10th consecutive year, with students meeting ALL 26 indicators.
- The district’s Performance Index was within the top 50 of all school districts in the state the past two years, and within the top 10 in Cuyahoga County. A district's Performance Index is based on the average achievement level of all state assessments given during a school year, both Ohio Achievement Assessments (OAA's) and Ohio Graduation Tests (OGT's).
- The district has had at least one grade-level OAA or OGT with a perfect 100% passage rate for the past three years. In fact, three tests had 100% passage in 2011-2012.
- Independence High School Recognized by U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek, Washington Post, Gerber Analytics as “Nationally Recognized School of Excellence” and one of top 100 high schools in Ohio
- Independence Primary School is a two-time U.S. Department of Education Nationally Recognized Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Independence Middle School’s sixth grade teachers were acknowledged as the “Team of the Year 2011-2012” by the Ohio Middle Level Association
Click here to read our 2013-14 District Quality Profile for a comprehensive look at what our district offers to students and the community.
Please join our I-Pride Family, and become involved in the programs and services that we offer our students. Don’t hesitate to attend a game, activity or event, and witness the excitement our students have in being a part of our I-Pride Team. Please continue to visit our district webpage for the posting of events and activities, as we would love to see you at a game or event.
Please be extremely careful as you enter the school campus areas, as we pride ourselves on maintaining a safe and secure environment for our children.
Stephen J. Marlow
Independence Local Schools